About Puente Youth Movement
Puente Youth Movement, a program of Puente Human Rights Movement, is a youth empowerment hub that centers the development of young people through culture, politics, and leadership and community organizing development for the purpose of long term political change.
This 5 month program creates workshops for young people (ages 12-18 years old) every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month. You do not have to be a student to participate.
Cohort participants gain community, knowledge, and opportunities to jump on social change campaigns, projects, and building their own school or community team.
Join Puente Youth!
- Wants to learn about your cultura
- Wants to do something about problems in your community
- Wants to learn about how politics and policies affect youth of color
- You are or know people who are affected by social justice issues
- Wants to develop your voice as a youth to create change
What we do
- Workshop activities around social justice issues
- Platicas (conversations) about what is happening in the world and politics
- Life skills development (self awareness, creative and critical thinking, communication, etc…)
- History of our peoples resistance (History usually not taught in school)